Weekly Legislative Reports
Our Weekly Legislative Reports are pdf files. Reports from the current 2017-2018 biennium are archived here. For electronic versions of past reports, please contact VLCT at email@example.com.
- 2017, No 11, 03-17-17: Crossover, renewable energy siting and planning, law enforcement professional conduct, voter-approved clerk or treasurer appointment, municipal audit penalties, fees at tax sale, welcome to new local officials, VLCT legislative testimony, and a baker's dozen of new bills.
- 2017, No. 10, 03-03-17: Transportation funding, telecommunications and H.50, the mid-session breather, your local government service does matter, VLCT legislative testimony, more new bills, and next week's Advocacy webinar.
- 2017 No. 09, 02-24-17: TIF districts and economic development, telecommunications siting, on-farm enterprises, workers' comp mental health parity and PTSD claim presumption, ANR statewide tour, VLCT legislative testimony, and lots of new bills.
- 2017 No. 08, 02-17-17: Capital budget, House Concurrent Resolution 40, VLCT legislative testimony, and new bills.
- 2017 No. 07, 02-10-17: Budget shortfalls and local options, thd appointment option for town clerks and treasurers, abandoned properties, law enforcement decertification, Local Government Day, VLCT legislative testimony, and new bills.
- 2017 No. 06, 02-03-17: The VLCT Board meets to address education funding and the Clean Water Report, the state auditor's State and Local Spending on Public Safety report, Orange-1 District recount, VLCT legislative testimony, the next Advocacy webinar, the Stowe town clerk says good-bye, an upcoming Special Meeting of VLCT, and the week's new bills of interest to municipal officials.
- 2017 No. 05, 01-27-17: Governor's budget address surprises everyone, transportation budget proposal, sanctuary cities, Orange-1 District recount, VLCT legislative testimony, table of funding priorities, upcoming public hearing on the new Agency of Economic Opportunity, new bills.
- 2017 No. 04, 01-20-17: State Treasurer issues Clean Water Report, Governor signs executive orders, bias-free policing, body-worn cameras, VLCT legislative testimony, Local Government Day update, new bills.
- 2017 No. 03, 01-13-17: VLCT staff discuss priorities with Gov. Ops. committees, transportation issues, legislative committees getting organized, 2017-2018 Vermont Senate committee member, new bills.
- 2017 No. 02, 01-06-17: Governor Scott takes office, Gov. Shumlin says good-bye, House committees makeover, Vermont House committee members, new bills, Advocacy webinars.
- 2017 No. 01, 12-21-16: The times, they are a-changin’; self governance; budget, taxes, and the education fund; developing local economies for the benefit of Vermont; transportation; water quality; public safety; siting of energy facilities; the summer studies; invite your legislators to a town forum; thanks, Senator Doyle!; receiving the Report.