Weekly Legislative Reports
Our Weekly Legislative Reports are pdf files. Reports from the current 2017-2018 biennium are archived here. For electronic versions of past reports, please contact VLCT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2017, No. 16, 05-21-17: The end of the session is in sight, economic development (S.135), waste management (H.241), law enforcement professional conduct (H.22), water funding, ethics (S.8), Act 250 legislation (H.424) revising the PSB process (S.52), legislative testimony.
- 2017, No. 15, 04-14-17: Water quality (H.211), transportation funding (H.494), appointing clerks and treasurers and municipal audit penalties (H.42), special purpose districts (S.135), VLCT's municipal policy committees and a nomination form, legislative testimony, new bills.
- 2017, No. 14, 04-07-17: Conflicts of interest, economic development, REDI districts, forestry issues, workers' compensation mental health parity and PTSD claim presumption, investing cemetery funds, VLCT legislative testimony, and an upcoming public hearing.
- 2017, No. 13, 03-31-17: House Appropriations sends FY17 budget to the floor, vital records, upcoming Advocacy webinar, new bills, and a link to a Town Fair 2017 survey.
- 2017, No. 12, 03-24-17: Capital bill, education finance, notice of publications on news media websites, new bills.
- 2017, No. 11, 03-17-17: Crossover, renewable energy siting and planning, law enforcement professional conduct, voter-approved clerk or treasurer appointment, municipal audit penalties, fees at tax sale, welcome to new local officials, VLCT legislative testimony, and a baker's dozen of new bills.
- 2017, No. 10, 03-03-17: Transportation funding, telecommunications and H.50, the mid-session breather, your local government service does matter, VLCT legislative testimony, more new bills, and next week's Advocacy webinar.
- 2017 No. 09, 02-24-17: TIF districts and economic development, telecommunications siting, on-farm enterprises, workers' comp mental health parity and PTSD claim presumption, ANR statewide tour, VLCT legislative testimony, and lots of new bills.
- 2017 No. 08, 02-17-17: Capital budget, House Concurrent Resolution 40, VLCT legislative testimony, and new bills.
- 2017 No. 07, 02-10-17: Budget shortfalls and local options, thd appointment option for town clerks and treasurers, abandoned properties, law enforcement decertification, Local Government Day, VLCT legislative testimony, and new bills.
- 2017 No. 06, 02-03-17: The VLCT Board meets to address education funding and the Clean Water Report, the state auditor's State and Local Spending on Public Safety report, Orange-1 District recount, VLCT legislative testimony, the next Advocacy webinar, the Stowe town clerk says good-bye, an upcoming Special Meeting of VLCT, and the week's new bills of interest to municipal officials.
- 2017 No. 05, 01-27-17: Governor's budget address surprises everyone, transportation budget proposal, sanctuary cities, Orange-1 District recount, VLCT legislative testimony, table of funding priorities, upcoming public hearing on the new Agency of Economic Opportunity, new bills.
- 2017 No. 04, 01-20-17: State Treasurer issues Clean Water Report, Governor signs executive orders, bias-free policing, body-worn cameras, VLCT legislative testimony, Local Government Day update, new bills.
- 2017 No. 03, 01-13-17: VLCT staff discuss priorities with Gov. Ops. committees, transportation issues, legislative committees getting organized, 2017-2018 Vermont Senate committee member, new bills.
- 2017 No. 02, 01-06-17: Governor Scott takes office, Gov. Shumlin says good-bye, House committees makeover, Vermont House committee members, new bills, Advocacy webinars.
- 2017 No. 01, 12-21-16: The times, they are a-changin’; self governance; budget, taxes, and the education fund; developing local economies for the benefit of Vermont; transportation; water quality; public safety; siting of energy facilities; the summer studies; invite your legislators to a town forum; thanks, Senator Doyle!; receiving the Report.