Weekly Legislative Reports
Our Weekly Legislative Reports are pdf files. Reports from the current biennium are kept here. For electronic versions of past reports, please contact VLCT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2013 No. 16, 04-30-13: Senate Finance Committee tax bill (H.528), Senate considers state budget (H.530), current use program reform bill (H.329), shorelands (H.526), PSB and renewable energy projects (S.30 and H.39), TIFs (S.37), Governor signs transportation bill (H.510).
- 2013 No. 15, 04-19-13: Ways and Means attempts to bend the school spending curve (H.538), Public Service Board (H.39), Senate transportation program (H.510), VLCT Legislative Policy committees.
- 2013 No. 14, 04-12-13: Senate Transportation Bill (H.510), electric energy generation (S.30, H.179, H.219, H.220, H.246, H.343, H.446, and, yes, H.39), miscellaneous election law changes (H.86), into the home stretch.
- 2013 No. 13, 04-05-13: Local option tax authority (S.39) for all? Capital bill (H.533), transportation revenue issues (H.510), designated downtowns (H.377), land use change tax measure (H.329), mandated union agency fees (S.14).
- 2013 No. 12, 03-29-13: Shoreland zoning reprise (H.526), Land use, Act 250, and the PSB (S.159, S.58, S.30), appropriations bill (H.530), pet breeders and local governments (H.50), misc. election law changes (S.86), and three new bills.
- 2013 No. 11, 03-22-13: Shoreland zoning (H.223), the Week That Was (featuring H.41, H.99, H.377, H.406, H.510, H.518, S.7, S.18, S.85, S.129, and, oh yes, S.61), JFO report shows Corrections High School costs a bundle, the miscellaneous election law changes ominbus bill (S.86), and a smattering of new bills.
- 2013 No. 10, 03-15-13: Public Service Board and permitting of electric generation projects (S.30), the Transportation Bill (H.510), firefighter disease resumptions for workers' comp moving forward (S.85), worker's comp cost increase mandates (S.129), flexible work arrangements (H.99), search and rescue (H.182), welcome new local officials!, new bills.
- 2013 No. 09, 03-01-13: Criminal investigations and public records, House committee cold to proposal to cut Town Highway aid, interest in finding solution to school spending and state property tax increases, S.110 to amend Open Meeting Law, Town Meeting break, thanks to retiring officials, new bills.
- 2013 No. 08. 02-22-13: Vermont towns and taxpapers need more transportation revenue, siting renewable energy generation facilities, Local Government Day, Transportation bill, S.81 (bill to ban fire retardants), S.85 (bill to presume infectious diseases), new bills.
- 2013 No. 07, 02-15-13: Planning for water (Your way or my way?), school budgets and property taxes to rise, town roads and bridge standards, making municipal charter amendments easier?, law enforcement use of Tasers, new bills.
- 2013 No. 06, 02-08-13: FEMA update (Irene still in the rearview mirror), House Ways and Means closes in on education tax rates, new education funding plan (H.164), Senate passes mandatory union fee bill (S.14), health care fund contributrion assessment repeal (H.118), LEAB presents to Senate Gov. Ops, "As The Session Turns", new bills.
- 2013 No. 05, 02-01-13: Land use planning, raising the education property tax, health care finacing, counting employees (health care benefit math), S.14 (the unions' agency fee bill), S.41 (water and sewer service), new bills, roundabout survey.
- 2013 No. 04, 01-25-13: Governor’s budget address, FY14 municipal funding priorities, law enforcement public records, stormwater and water remediation, transportation issues, the other Legislative Reports, new bills.
- 2013 No. 03, 01-18-13: Transportation needs, watershed management report and Lake Shorelands Protection and Management Options report, public unions and mandated agency fee payments, VTrans’ Accelerated Bridge Construction Program, health insurance coverage mandate bills, mayors push for VLCT priorities, TIFs and economic development, VLCT on YouTube, new bills.
- 2013 No. 02, 01-11-13: The governor’s inaugurual speech, the legislative process, VLCT Board considers PSB process, standing committees of the House and Senate, new bills.
- 2013 No. 01, 12-19-12: What will the new year bring?, education property tax rates facing increase, water quality and stormwater, town highway aid, health care, transportation, bridge and culvert replacements and FEMA, public safety, economic development, land use planning, search and rescue, workers' compensation and unemployment issues.