Posted on 09/28/2016 by the City of Burlington
| Expires 10/28/2016
The City of Burlington is seeking to hire an Engineering Technician to help engineering staff in professional and administrative engineering work.
- helping staff engineers develop engineering drawings and plans for construction, engineering specifications, and project budgets;
- providing survey support to projects;
- performing field inspections of projects and managing small projects in the field;
- reviewing traffic requests and preparing staff recommendations for the City Engineer's review;
- performing Traffic Engineering studies under the direction and guidance of an engineer;
- installing and maintaining traffic counting equipment;
- preparing traffic regulation amendments for the legal process;
- attending public meetings as a department representative;
- helping maintain database/inventory of assets; and
- performing other duties as required.
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering and two years of relevant experience (additional experience may be substituted for a degree requirement on a two-for-one year basis);
- Demonstrated surveying experience;
- Strong computer drafting skills (AutoCAD, etc.);
- Competentence in developing plan sets making use of AutoCAD;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Construction and/or project management experience preferred;
- Familiarity with computer programs such as ArcGIS, spreadsheet and word processing preferred;
- Ability to actively support City diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts within stated job responsibilities and work effectively across diverse cultures and constituencies;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing trainings and professional development;
- Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions.
- Ability to understand and comply with City standards, safety rules and personnel policies.
Hourly salary, $21.20 to $23.62. This is an AFFSME union, non-exempt position.
Apply online by Friday, October 28, 2016, at https://www.burlingtonvt.gov/jobs.
The City of Burlington will not tolerate unlawful harassment or discrimination on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status or genetic information. The City is also committed to providing proper access to services, facilities, and employment opportunities. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. EOE.