Water Resources Assistance
With grant support from the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources and other granting sources, MAC offers professional assistance for municipalities seeking to promote comprehensive water quality and water resource protection. We can assist with recommended updates to land use regulations with sample language that protects floodplains, river corridors and lake shorelands, and encourages low impact development stormwater management. For more information, contact Milly Archer, VLCT Water Resources Coordinator.
Below are links to some of the resources made available through this program.
Emergency Relief and Assistance Fund (ERAF)
- Northfield Water Street River Park (VLCT News, July 2016)
- Flood-Resilient Videos [Connecticut River Watershed Council, Jan. 2015]
- A New Process for Local Authorization of Emergency In-Stream Work [VLCT News, Jan. 2015]
- Is Your Community Flood Ready? [VLCT News, July 2014]
- The National Flood Insurance Program Homeowners Flood Insurance Affordability Act (VLCT News, June 2014)
- Change is Coming to the National Flood Insurance Program [VLCT News, July 2013]
- What is the Hazard Mitigation Program? How Can my Municipality Apply? [VLCT News, Nov. 2011]
- Fluvial Erosion Hazard Prevention – Practicing the Gospel of Avoidance [VLCT News, Mar. 2010]
- Flood, Sweat and Tears: Substantial Improvement and Substantial Damage Under the NFIP [VLCT News, June 2009]
- Floodplain Management 101 [VLCT News, January 2009]
General Stormwater Management
Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI)
Lake Champlain Phosphorus Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
Low Impact Development
Municipal Road Stormwater Management
Water Quality, Generally
- WhatsYourWatermark.com has produced a documentary film that focuses on the problem of rapidly declining water quality in Lake Champlain.
- This animation provides a digestible overview of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS).
- The Think Blue Maine Partners and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Clean Water Act funded these two 30-second stormwater advertisements  and .
- Water Quality Acronyms [Green Mountain Water Environment Association]