The mission of PACIF's Loss Control Services team is to help members reduce their potential for loss. Our staff provides insight, guidance, and direction through a wide variety of approaches including facility inspections, safety program assistance, promoting employee flexibility and strength, improving workplace ergonomics, a plethora of free and low-cost trainings, and information about relevant non-League resources.
This page has links to many useful Loss Control resources. For help learning what resources are appropriate for your municipality's circumstances, contact your Loss Control Consultant at 800-649-7915. If you're not sure which consultant to ask for, check the VLCT Field Staff Territories Map or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about PACIF WorkStrong, contact Heidi Joyce, Senior Loss Control Wellness Consultant, at 800-649-7915 or email@example.com.
Be Aware of Excavation Dangers!
An incident at a member site prompted us to write this 7/15/16 Loss Control Memorandum to review the importance of adhering to safety standards including the proper use of trench boxes or other OSHA-compliant techniques to prevent injuries and fatalities.
- 2016 Regional Reasonable Suspicion Trainings flier (PDF)
This September, three separate trainings around the state will prepare attendees to determine objectively whether there is reason to suspect an employee who drives a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) for the municipality of using alcohol or drugs on the job. Federal law requires that the manager of every such driver receive this training.
- PACIF WorkStrong One-to-One Consultations flier (PDF)
Use the flier linked above to learn about our One-to-One Wellness Consultations, and email Heidi Joyce right away to find out when she can conduct your group's consultations. Once your date is set, download the customizable flyer to announce the event and start scheduling employees' consultations.
- PACIF WorkStrong Worksite Warm-Up & Stretch Trainings flier (PDF)
Have Heidi come to your worksite to show your most enthusiastic employees how to lead a simple daily pre-shift standing stretch routine for all of your employees. All training materials are provided free of charge.
- We created PACIF WorkStrong to help employees become more flexible and fit — and less prone to injuries at work and at home. For a limited time, you can watch a recording of our webinar The What? Why? and How? of PACIF WorkStrong (perhaps requiring a short download). A PDF of this webinar is always available. Two programs are currently in place: training for employees to lead worksite pre-shift stretching, and one-to-one consultations to assess and help improve flexibility, nutrition, and overall wellness.
- PACIF Equipment Grants (on-site link)
50/50 matching grants of up to $5,000 per member per year, for pre-approved purchases that are likely to reduce the frequency and/or severity of PACIF claims. Apply by April 30 for grants to be awarded in May (Round 1), when most of the available funds will be distributed. Applications are also accepted from May 1 to August 31 for grants that are awarded in September (Round 2). See guidelines at link above.
- PACIF Scholarships (on-site link)
Pre-approved reimbursement for training programs related to public entity risk management and/or safety. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Guidelines and application are at link above.
- Online Law Enforcement Training and Model Policies (PATC) (off-site link)
Employees of current PACIF member police departments can use their unique username and password to log in for the latest information and training on the topics that most often involve liability issues.
- PACIF Online University (on-site link)
Online trainings for all municipal employees on various topics, organized by job type.
- Flood Preparedness Checklist
A convenient 1-page reminder of what to do in case of flooding.
Model Policies and Guidance Documents