This training is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., the program begins at 9:00 a.m. Lunch will be provided.
The phrase “risk management” is too often mistaken for safety measures. In fact, risk management acknowledges that every aspect of operations involves a level of risk that can be costly if not managed well. This all-new workshop introduces municipal leaders to the real value and fundamental elements of comprehensive risk management. Attendees will learn a range of tried and true strategies to limit their municipality’s potential for losses and, over time, save not only direct costs such as insurance rates and deductibles but also indirect costs such as lost productivity, property damage, and administrative time.
Who should attend:
- selectboard members
- village trustees
- prudential committee members
- managers, administrators, directors
- anyone with broad authority in municipal operations
Attendees will be introduced to:
- The value of actively managing risk throughout an organization
- The key process of identifying, monitoring, and managing potential risk
- Employment best practices for hiring, on-boarding, training, and supervising employees
- Ways to develop a culture of risk control
- Proven tools and practices for limiting the costs of loss
- How VLCT PACIF staff, programs, and partners can assist you
This program is open to all current PACIF members. While there is no charge for attendance, “no shows” will be charged $25. Lunch is provided.