The Vermont League of Cities & Towns (VLCT) seeks an Accountant III specializing in payroll and benefits administration with a working knowledge of General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. VLCT is a statewide association dedicated to serving and strengthening Vermont local government.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this senior-level position provides accounting and compliance support. and includes technical and administrative work in managing general ledger, with a particular focus on payroll and benefits. As part of the Finance team, this position may occasionally provide backup for accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting;
- a minimum of two years of experience in an accounting position and a payroll and benefits administration position;
- working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP2018 accounting software and strong Excel skills at the intermediate or advanced level are a plus;
- demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to stay abreast of IRS regulations and all laws and regulations related to payroll and benefits; and
- a high degree of accuracy and analytical skill.
- VLCT is willing to consider recent college graduates provided they can demonstrate strong accounting skills and the ability to learn quickly.
Also desired but not required:
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification
- Experience working with a Payroll Provider
- Knowledge and understanding of GASB guidance
- CPA, CPA Candidate, or other accounting certification a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience. VLCT offers a quality workplace in downtown Montpelier and an excellent total compensation package. Click the link below to read the detailed job description.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with Finance as the subject.
Resume review begins immediately. Applications accepted until position filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.