The Town of Essex, Vermont is seeking a part-time (28 hrs per week) Assistant Assessor to help the Assessor conduct the business of valuation of all real property within the Town and Village of Essex for the purposes of taxation. This position will assist in all functions and activities of the Assessor’s Office and provide day-to-day administrative support to the Assessor.
This position works under the direction of the Assessor and in accordance with various town policies. Regular office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, however hours may vary depending on the needs of the municipality and meetings with property owners. The primary work schedule will be 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- High school diploma or equivalent, related training and experience, or a combination of education and experience of which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Must be proficient in the principles and practices of mass appraisal or 3-5 years’ experience in appraising or related field.
- Current appraisal license and/or Vermont Property Assessors Designation (VPA) desirable.
- Must have good general administrative skills and reading, writing and math skills.
- Previous experience working with computerized records systems preferred.
The estimated starting salary for this hourly position is $25/hour, depending on relevant experience and qualifications. This position will be enrolled in the VMERS C retirement program and will receive pro-rated sick and vacation accruals.
Apply with cover letter, resume and three references by Friday, June 28, 2019, to HR Director Travis Sabataso at email@example.com, or to:
Travis Sabataso, HR Director
Town of Essex
81 Main Street
Essex Junction, VT 05452.