The Vermont League of Cities and Towns (VLCT) is seeking an experienced Manager, Loss Control. This professional management position within the Risk Management Services Department is responsible for managing the activities of Loss Control Division staff and member-focused programs for VLCT PACIF, a statewide property, casualty, and workers’ compensation insurance fund. The successful candidate will provide loss control services directly to a modest number of municipalities in northwestern Vermont in addition to management duties. Work will be performed in the field, remotely, and in the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, risk management, engineering, occupational safety & health, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of loss control, safety or risk management experience and three years of supervisory or management experience.
- High level of knowledge of property, casualty and workers’ compensation insurance and risk management techniques.
- Proven ability to train others.
- Safety or risk management certification (e.g., CSP and ARM) and a commitment to attain ARM designation are highly desired.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds regularly.
- Ability to respond quickly to sounds.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to see and remove one’s self from dangerous situations.
- When possible, reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
Salary commensurate with experience. VLCT offers a quality workplace in downtown Montpelier and an excellent total compensation package.
Click the link below to read a detailed job description.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Loss Control” as the subject.
Resume review begins immediately. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer.