The Vermont League of Cities and Towns (VLCT) has an immediate need for an experienced Manager, Loss Control. This professional management position within the Risk Management Services Department is responsible for managing the activities of Loss Control Division staff and member-focused programs for VLCT PACIF, a statewide property, casualty, and workers’ compensation insurance fund. The successful candidate will provide loss control services directly to a modest number of municipalities in northwestern Vermont in addition to management duties. Work will be performed in the field, remotely, and in the office.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, risk management, engineering, occupational safety and health, or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of seven years of loss control, safety or risk management experience and three years of supervisory or management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of property, casualty and workers’ compensation insurance and risk management techniques.
- Proven ability to train others.
- Safety or risk management certification (e.g., CSP and ARM) and a commitment to attain ARM designation are highly desired.
- The ability to lift 40 pounds regularly.
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain.
- The ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- The ability to see and remove oneself from dangerous situations.
- When possible, reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
Click the link below to read a detailed job description.
Salary commensurate with experience. VLCT offers an excellent total compensation package, including:
- Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement, short- and long-term disability, and long-term care benefits
- Paid vacation, sick, and volunteer time
- A vehicle for work-related travel
A full list of benefits will be provided upon request.
A remote work environment that meets core work objectives, such as providing onsite service to members, is available.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with Manager, Loss Control as the subject.
Resume review begins immediately. Applications accepted until position filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer.