The Town of Dover, Vermont is accepting applications for a full-time (40 hours per week) Police Officer. Patrol officers work 10-hour shifts, four days a week; overtime available. Weekend and holiday shifts required.
- Sign-on bonus up to $5,000 for full-time certified officers and $2,500 for part-time certified officers.
- Competitive pay based on experience with full benefits including health insurance, vacation, holiday, sick time, personal time, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, VMERS Group D retirement plan with possible retirement at age 50 with 20 years of service.
- All equipment and uniforms provided.
- Take-home cruiser.
- Paid on-the-job training at the Vermont Police Academy for uncertified candidates.
- Preference given to Vermont-certified officers.
Requirements: must be U.S. citizen, at least 21 years of age, and have a valid driver’s license and high school diploma or equivalency. Applicant must be able to perform all the essential functions involved with police duties. Police testing, including physical fitness exam, academy entrance exam, polygraph, medical exam and extensive fingerprint supported background check will be required of the candidate selected to hire.
Apply on-line at www.doververmont.com under Employment/Volunteer Opportunities by Friday, February 15, 2019. E.O.E.