The Town of Wheelock seeks a full-time, year-round road crew member to work with the Highway Supervisor to maintain 28 miles of gravel roads.
- High school diploma or GED, and Class B CDL required.
- Must be proficient in operating a bucket loader, dump truck and equipment, plowing, spreading gravel and sand, ditch and culvert work, equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized, mechanically inclined, and have the physical stamina the job entails.
- Must be a team player and be able to communicate effectively with supervisor, town officials and the public.
- Ideal but not required: comfort level with digital and cloud-based road inventory management tools.
Click this link to read the full job description.
Compensation is based on experience and skills. Benefits include health insurance and a retirement plan.
To apply, submit completed employment application (available here) with cover letter, three references and resume by mail, in person, or email.
- Mail: Town of Wheelock, PO Box 1328, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- Physical address: 1192 Route 122, Wheelock, Vermont (Check here for office hours.)
- Email: email@example.com
Position open until filled. The Town of Wheelock is an equal opportunity employer.