The Village of Port Chester, New York, is seeking a Manager. The Village is located in New York’s scenic Hudson Valley in upscale Westchester County in the area known as Sound Shore, named for its proximity to the Long Island Sound. It is part of the New York City metropolitan statistical area and is just 45 minutes by train from downtown Manhattan. With almost 30,000 residents, Port Chester boasts the largest population of the villages in the Town of Rye and is the fifth-most populous village in New York.
The Village operates under a council-manager form of government. The Board of Trustees is the governing body and consists of a mayor and six trustees who appoint a professional Village Manager who serves as the chief administrative officer for Village government operations.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, finance, or a closely related field (master’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience as a municipal manager, assistant manager, or senior municipal department director in a community of comparable size and complexity, including considerable personnel and financial management experience.
- Business and community development experience with demonstrated marketing and public relations skills.
- Any combination of education and/or work experience deemed relevant and equivalent to achieve the successful performance of the job by the Board of Trustees may be considered.
- Designation as an ICMA Credentialed Manager (ICMA-CM) is a plus, as is experience working in New York State.
This position is subject to NYS residency as per NYS Public Officers Law. Residency within the Village of Port Chester or within the County of Westchester is preferable.
Please apply online here.
For more information on this position, contact: