The Town of Wilmington, Vermont, is seeking an energetic, innovative and effective full-time Zoning Administrator and Health Officer. The primary position acts as the Town Administrative Officer pursuant to Vermont Statutes Title 24 to administer, implement, and enforce town zoning and sign ordinances, assisting permit applicants, while providing staff support and technical assistance to the Planning Commission and Development Review Board.
Wilmington (pop. 1,876) is a scenic, four-season tourist destination located in the heart of Deerfield Valley. It is home to Mount Snow and Haystack Mountain and has a walkable historic village, restaurants, stores, lakes for boating and swimming, trails for hiking and biking, and much more!
- an associate’s or bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience in zoning administration;
- a working knowledge of town zoning codes and town planning;
- the ability to interpret, explain and enforce town zoning codes and to work independently and collaboratively;
- the ability to use Word, Excel, and similar computer programs;
- excellent record keeping, organizational, and people skills; and
- the ability to interpret and administer town and state health codes.
- Consideration will be given to qualifications in a related field and/or a combination of training, experience, knowledge and ability over at least 3 to 5 years (e.g., building construction, zoning, land use planning, development review, etc.).
To apply, email a letter of intent and resume by Thursday, July 18, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit to:
Town of Wilmington
Attn. Town Manager
2 East Main Street
Wilmington, VT 05363.
Position open until filled. EOE.