This workshop will help anyone in a Road Foreman or Highway Supervisor role improve their level of safety knowledge, gain confidence in developing safety-related programs, enhance their understanding of PACIF's programs and services, and implement crucial risk management best practices. As is key with this type of event, participants are encouraged to bring their questions and share stories so that everyone can benefit from the experience of others. Time will be available for an "open forum" to discuss relevant issues, concerns, or questions that attendees have on their minds. Space is limited, so reserve your spot early.
An overview of PACIF grants, scholarships, online training, and other important risk management services.
A discussion of what it takes to become a "leader in safety" for your department and why becoming this leader is important to the success of your safety program.
Current VOSHA inspection activity at municipalities and a review of commonly cited violations.
Workplace hazards commonly found in highway garage settings and a discussion on ergonomic risk factors that occur within normal operations.
VOSHA program elements that are applicable to municipal highway operations and a discussion of compliance methods and requirements.
An overview of important human resource tips and practices pertaining to highway personnel management.
Best practices associated with hiring contractors, contract design elements, and insurance recommendations.
- Preference will be given to people with supervisory responsibilities.
- Attendance is limited to 2 people per municipality.
- Morning snacks, beverages, and lunch are included.
- Register with VLCT PACIF Loss Control by 5/14/18.
- Open to all members of VLCT PACIF. There is no cost to attend the workshop, but anyone who registers and does not attend will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee unless advance notice is given.