Hiring and managing employees is more complex than ever, given the frequent changes in state and federal employment-related laws and the increase in employee-employer litigation. To improve members’ compliance with legal requirements and reduce the risk of employment practice lawsuits, PACIF partners with VLCT and VERB in providing members with human resource consultation services.
PACIF’s Human Resources Consultant, Jill Muhr, works closely with members to evaluate their needs and provide guidance so they can understand and implement sound employment practices. These consultation services include:
- Free HR review of municipal personnel policies
- Answering HR-related questions from PACIF members
- Training managers, supervisors, and/or governing bodies on HR principles and best practices
- Reviewing members’ job descriptions for adherence to best practices for hiring, retention, and ADA compliance
- Assessing overall operational risk from an HR perspective and recommending areas for improvement
Jill encourages municipal staff who have HR responsibilities to learn from her and from each other by attending periodic meetings of the Vermont Municipal Human Resources Networking Group. She also oversees and coordinates PACIF’s EPL Referrals, arranging for qualifying members to have a no-cost discussion about employment practices with one of skilled legal firms with which we partner.
For more information about PACIF's Human Resources Consultation Program or the Vermont Municipal Human Resources Networking Group, contact Jill Muhr at 1-800-649-7915 or email@example.com. To request an EPL Referral, email us at EPLReferral@vlct.org or simply give us a call.