June 25, 2021. Does your city, town, or village intend to accept its allocation of Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funding (CLFRF)? If so, July 15 is the deadline to request it, and the way to do so is through the state of Vermont's portal. You do not need to know how you'll spend your allocation yet, but you must do these three things now to prepare for and request your money:
1. Plan to discuss “Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funding (CLFRF) at the next regular meeting of your governing body – or warn a special meeting for it. (Open Meeting Law information is here.)
2. Include the following agenda items1 and record votes in the meeting minutes:
Does your town/city want to accept this funding along with required Award Terms and Conditions and Assurances of Compliance with Civil Rights Requirements?
Who will be your “Authorized Representative”2? Specify name of the Chair or other member of the governing body.
- Who will be your “Contact Person”3?
3. Complete the “Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund Certification” through the State of Vermont’s portal.
If you do not certify/request your money by July 15, you will lose it. Request it now and determine how to spend it later.
1. Draft language for motions:
- “I move that the Town/Village/City of XXXX accept its allocation of Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funding (CLFRF) from the US Treasury, along with the Award Terms & Conditions and Assurances of Compliance with the Civil Rights Requirements that are requirements of accepting these funds”
- “I move that we appoint XXXXXX to serve as the Town/Village/City’s “Authorized Representative” as required by the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funding (CLFRF) from the US Treasury, to sign the Award Terms & Conditions and Assurances of Compliance with the Civil Rights Requirements by [x date].”
- “I move that we name XXXXX to be the “Contact Person” for the Town/Village/City’s CLRFR Award from U.S. Treasury.”
2. "An Authorized Representative is an individual with legal authority to bind the government entity (e.g., the Chief Executive Officer of the government entity). An Authorized Representative must sign the Acceptance of Award terms for it to be valid.” US Treasury FAQ * Section 11, Item 11.7
3. "Contact Person" should be the person who will perform the administrative tasks associated with the ARPA/CLFRF funding, such as tracking and managing the terms and conditions, compliance, reporting, etc. on behalf of the municipality.