This notice requests submittal of applications for projects to be listed on the FY19 Municipal Pollution Control Project Priority List. A Priority List Application must be completed for each existing and new project each year. The completed applications must be emailed to ANR.CWSRFplist@vermont.gov. Completed applications must be submitted by February 16, 2018.
Note that Chapter 2 of the Vermont Environmental Protection Rules was updated and became effective December 1, 2017. The Rule has several changes, including:
- A new priority system with 9 criteria and 100 overall points to address a broader range of wastewater and stormwater projects.
- A new Vermont pollution control grants formula that is based on a combination of technical and affordability points, instead of the project type. The new formula part of the Rule will not go into effect until 2019, so this is the last year to apply for PC grants under the existing project type category.
- Updated housekeeping practices such as a project bypass system and electronic notifications.
The Clean Water State Revolving Fund Priority List Application Request (CWSRF) provides low interest loans to municipalities for planning, final design and construction of wastewater and stormwater system improvements that protect public health and the environment. All projects seeking funding for construction from 10/1/2018 through 10/1/2020 must be on the adopted priority list in order to receive funding. Applying to be on the priority list is not applying for a loan and does not guarantee a loan.
The timeline for this year's priority list is:
- 2/16/2018, Priority List Application Deadline
- 3/2/2018, Draft Intended Use Plan (IUP) available and distributed
- 4/5/2018, Public Hearing at National Life Building, Montpelier, The Montpelier Room, Davis Building Basement (D026), 10 AM to Noon
- 4/20/2018, Public Comment Period Ends
- 5/4/2018, Final IUP and Project Priority List
- 7/1/2018, Funding Available for Projects
Example of clean water projects include wastewater collection system and treatment facility construction, upgrade, or refurbishment projects; combined sewer overflow (CSO) elimination; stormwater treatment; water and energy efficiency or environmental innovation; and community decentralized wastewater disposal systems.
If you have questions, please contact Tom Brown at email@example.com or 802-622-4205.