Funds are available to cover conference registration costs up to $345 to attend the 2018 Local Solutions: Eastern Regional Climate Preparedness Conference, scheduled for April 30-May 2, 2018, in Manchester, N.H. Awardees may use these grant funds for expenses related to registration, lodging at the conference hotel (using the Manchester Downtown Hotel group rate), and travel (e.g., bus fare, mileage, tolls, parking).
Preference will go to the following:
- Vermont residents actively engaged in building climate resilience and preparedness, within their communities, and/or at a state level
- Municipal employees (e.g., city/town administrator/manager, emergency preparedness personnel, public works personnel, planning staff, parks and recreation staff, code and zoning personnel)
- Elected or appointed municipal decision-makers (e.g., mayor; city/town-councilor; selectboard member; members of zoning board of appeals, planning board, conservation commission, and historic district commission)
- County government employees
- Regional planning council personnel (council of governments; regional planning and development agencies)
More information and an online application form are available here. Note: Contrary to what the website states, the deadline to apply for a grant has been extended.