Funds from Vermont’s allocation of the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust are being allocated to assess the feasibility of all-electric technologies and begin to catalyze market transformation in Vermont. The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is seeking proposals for electric replacement or re-power (engine replacement) projects for all eligible mitigation actions under the trust to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and co-pollutants in the state.
During the project period (December 1, 2020 to November 30, 2022), up to $4 million in funding is available for:
- all-electric replacement or re-power of diesel-powered Class 4-8 local freight trucks;
- all-electric replacement or re-power of diesel-powered Class 4-8 school, shuttle or transit buses;
- all-electric replacement or re-power of diesel-powered locomotive freight switchers;
- all-electric repower of diesel-powered ferries;
- all-electric replacement or re-power of diesel-powered airport ground support equipment; and
- all-electric replacement or re-power of diesel-powered forklifts.
The application deadline is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
Please contact Maria Davies (802-622-4022 or email@example.com) with any questions. She will be the single point of contact for this grant opportunity. A meeting by conference call will be held September 29, 2020 (see RFP for call details) to review the application process. All questions that Maria receives during the conference call and by email and their answers will be posted here.