You are here

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The Department of Public Service Consumer Affairs & Public Information (CAPI) Division  is available to help Vermonters with regulated utility concerns regarding electric, telephone, natural gas, and private water service. Although not regulated they also try to provide assistance regarding cell phone services and broadband matters.

The Public Utility Commission (PUC) has declared a moratorium on regulated utilities’ non-payment disconnections of electric, telephone, natural gas, and private water service to all residential and business customers.See March 27, 2020 PUC order in Case No. 20-0703-PET.

CAPI can help with additional utility-related problems consumers are experiencing. See below for how to contact CAPI and where to find resources. 

  • 1-800-622-4496 (CAPI hotline): Staff are working remotely and cannot answer calls live, but they are checking voice mail regularly throughout the day.
  • This is our generic email box and is also checked regularly throughout the day.
  • Online form where consumers can submit complaints or questions.
  • Department of Public Service website