There are three summer constituency group events from NLC taking place this year. You many not need to be an NLC member to attend. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about constituency group membership (fees/application) and learn more about the three events by reading below.
- NLC Hispanic Elected Local Officials (HELO)
- For the first time since 2019, the National League of Cities Hispanic Elected Local Officials (HELO) constituency group will host their Annual Leadership Retreat in San Juan, Puerto Rico, from June 5-8, 2022. This event is the perfect space to connect with Latino elected officials and municipal staff, during four days of skill-building, networking, and discussion on priorities facing the Latino and Hispanic communities. Register today to reserve your seat at this impactful event. Early Bird Rate Ends May 21st. https://www.nlc.org/events/hispanic-elected-local-officials-helo-leadership-retreat
- NLC National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials (NBC-LEO)
- After two years of virtual gatherings, the National League of Cities National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials (NBC-LEO) will host their Summer Conference, July 21-23 in Nashville, TN. Join colleagues from across the country for impactful conversations, leadership development opportunities, mobile tours, and a chance to connect with local leaders like yourself. During the conference, you can expect to: engage in discussions on HBCUs, housing, gun violence, and more; meet peers passionate about communities of color; and explore issues unique to your role as an African American local elected official. https://www.nlc.org/events/national-black-caucus-of-local-elected-officials-nbc-leo-summer-conference/
- NLC Women in Municipal Government (WIMG)
- Join the National League of Cities Women in Municipal Government (WIMG) constituency group for their Summer Conference, August 10-12, 2022, in Sacramento, CA, to connect with fellow women local leaders and build on your skills to bring back to your community. After two years of connecting virtually, WIMG will come together in Sacramento, California, to learn about local policy issues, discuss federal advocacy concerns, and build a stronger network. Established in 1974, the WIMG constituency group was formed to serve as a forum for communication and networking among women local elected officials and their colleagues within the National League of Cities (NLC). During the conference you will: enhance your network with local female leaders from across the country; learn about timely issues in special seminars that help to expand your skill sets; and find solutions to challenging problems in your hometown. https://www.nlc.org/events/women-in-municipal-government-wimg-summer-conference/