October 9, 2020. The PACIF Board of Directors today approved contribution credits and the proposed rates for 2021. The proposed rates are subject to approval by the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation.
- Rates for 2021 are expected to be lower by 9% overall, with workers' compensation rates decreasing by 10.9% and property/casualty rates decreasing by 7.1% compared to 2020.
- $1.5 million of member equity will be returned as contribution credits to members renewing for 2021. As always, each member's specific contributions and credits depend largely on the municipality's exposures and claim history.
Additional plans for PACIF member benefits in 2021 include:
- A powerful new Learning Management System to deliver improved online courses to employees, help members create custom courses, document trainings completed through other means, compile insightful reports, and more;
- Enhanced EPL Referral Program providing more free hours of legal support for members encountering specific employment situations; and
- Law Enforcement consultation that takes new legislation and court decisions into account for updating policies and training.
More information about PACIF's 2021 program improvements will be provided in the January-February 2021 VLCT News magazine.
For an overview of PACIF and easy access to descriptions of all services and program , please visit our PACIF webpage.