April 8, 2020 – Governor Phil Scott’s request for federal disaster funds to assist the state of Vermont in its response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been approved by President Donald Trump, who approved the state’s request for federal Public Assistance (PA) funds for the state and all towns for costs incurred in the response to and recovery from the pandemic.
This declaration will provide 75 percent reimbursement to state and local governments and some non-profits for emergency protective measures, including actions taken to save lives and protect public health and safety, such as:
- emergency operations center operations
- emergency medical care
- medical sheltering and supplies
- provisions of food, water, ice, medicine and other essential needs
- security and law enforcement for temporary facilities
- communications of general health and safety information to public
Vermont’s request for Individual Assistance, including Disaster Unemployment Assistance and Crisis Counseling Assistance/Regular Services Program for all Vermont counties, is still being reviewed.
Read the entire press release here.