The 2020 VTrans Bicycle and Pedestrian Grant Program is now open. The program’s intent is to improve access and safety for bicyclists and pedestrians through the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure projects. The Bike/Ped Program provides funding for either a scoping (planning) study or a design/construction project for the following:
- Bicycle lanes (on-road facility delineated with pavement markings and signs)
- Shoulders (generally a minimum of 3-feet wide to accommodate bicyclists)
- Pedestrian crossing improvements, including median pedestrian refuge islands
- Pedestrian signals
- Improvements that address requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Shared-use paths (designed for use by both bicyclists and pedestrians)
Applications are due by 1 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30. All grant program materials may be found here.