The Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) is inviting municipalities to participate in the Municipal Roads, Grants-in-Aid Program, which provides funding for municipalities to implement best management practices (BMPs) in accordance with the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Municipal Roads General Permit (MRGP).
In this grant cycle, VTrans’ grants-in-Aid awards will total approximately $3.1 million. Municipalities will submit reimbursement requests directly to VTrans for work completed, and VTGrans will reimburse up to 80% of the municipality’s documented construction expenses, including in-kind support, for BMPs on hydrologically connected roads.
To be eligivle, municipalities must return a signed letter by Friday, June 25, 2021.
Eligible BMPs according to the MRGP standards:
- Grass and stone-lined drainage ditches and stone check-dams
- Turnouts, cross culverts, and other disconnection and infiltration practices
- Lowering of high road shoulders
- Installation or replacement of drainage culverts and driveway culverts on non-perennial streams within right of way and installation of culvert headwalls and outlet stabilization
- Stabilizing conveyance zones
- Addressing gully erosion on Class 4 roads
- Stabilizing catch basin outlets.
Click this link for program details.