Jim is responsible for providing loss prevention/control services to PACIF member municipalities, and is responsible for directing the daily activities of the Loss Control staff. Jim started as Loss Control Trainee/Administrative Assistant to Risk Management Services in 2012 and was promoted to Loss Control Supervisor in 2019. He enjoys helping members with their safety, health, and risk management needs.
Contact Jim if you need help navigating the various best practices and standards for preventing and managing workers’ compensation, property, and casualty claims.
Fun Fact: Jim has served local government in various ways outside the VLCT offices. He was a volunteer firefighter for 16 years, member of a conservation commission, co-chair of a recreation committee, and vice-chair of a school board.
Education, Credentials, Awards
- B.A., Wildland Ecology and Management, Sterling College
- Certificate, Firefighter I, Vermont Fire Academy, 2005
- Certified Traffic Control Technician/Flagger Instructor, AGC-VT, 2014
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector, National Recreation and Park Association, 2017
- Authorized Trainer, OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour Construction Standards courses