Vermont Emergency Management (VEM) is the primary resource for Vermont municipal emergency planning assistance and coordination. You can call VEM at 1-800-347-0488 and find useful links below.
It is important for officials to review and update their local emergency plans annually and stay abreast of potential threats to public health and safety.
- Contact your appointed municipal Emergency Management Director.
- Review your local emergency management plan. For guidance and templates, go to vem.vermont.gov/plans/lemp.
- Add or update your continuity of operations plan. Vermont Emergency Management (VEM) has provided VLCT members with this template: https://www.vlct.org/vemcoop
- If you are on your Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), connect with your district partners. The contact person for each district is listed at https://vem.vermont.gov/programs/lepc.
- Contact your Regional Planning Commission (RPC) for coordination assistance on your local emergency management plan: https://www.vapda.org.
- For reporting and information regarding public health-related emergencies, contact the Vermont Department of Health.