VERMONT LEAGUE OF CITIES AND TOWNS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
VLCT Board of Directors Meeting, April 21, 2022
Thursday, April 21, 2022
Hybrid Meeting - 12:20 p.m.
Via Zoom and in Person at:
VLCT Offices, the Vermont Room, 89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT
- Call to order by President; Introduction of new members and guests, if any. (12:20)
- Additions and Deletions to the Agenda (12:25)
Action Suggested: Board members should review the agenda, including adding or deleting items, moving items to and from the consent agenda, and having the President, board members, and staff identify items to be added under “Other Business.”
- Consent Agenda Items (12:30)
Action Suggested: Approve all items in gross and without debate or amendment. A single member can demand a separate vote for any of the series offered. Items voted separately require a separate motion to approve and may be fully debated and amended at the end of the agenda. Due to a process error at our February meeting, we will need to adopt the consent agenda from that meeting.
- Approve Minutes of March 17, 2022 and April 5, 2022
- Accept April Personnel Report.
- Organizational Update (12:35)
Action Suggested: No action required.
- Organizational Update
- Appoint Board Members (12:55)
Action Suggested: The Board may wish to act on the Nominating Committee’s report to appoint Rutland Mayor David Allaire and Wheelock Selectboard Chair Ann Lawless to fill the vacant seats left by Mayor Lucas Herring and Hartford Selectboard Member Joe Major.
- VLCT Nominating Committee Report
- Appoint VLCT Equity Committee Members (1:10)
Action Suggested: The Board may wish to act on the recommendations of the VLCT Equity Committee to seat five new members on the Equity Committee.
- Draft Equity Committee Nominating Committee Report
- How VLCT Serves Local Elected Officials (Including Clerks) (1:25)
Action Suggested: No action required. Lucrecia Wonsor and Georgette Wolf-Ludwig will lead a discussion related to how to best provide services to clerks and other local electeds.
- Break (1:45)
- Legislative Update (1:50)
Action Suggested: No action required. Karen Horn and Gwynn Zokav will lead a discussion about VLCT priorities and concerns as the Legislative session progresses.
- Executive Session to Review Executive Director Compensation and Benefits (2:30)
Action Suggested: The Board may wish to adopt a recommendation of the Executive Committee to set the Executive Director’s compensation for the coming year.
- Other Business (2:45)
- Adjourn (3:00)
Please feel free to join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.