VERMONT LEAGUE OF CITIES AND TOWNS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, July 21, 2022
Hybrid Meeting - 12:20 p.m.
Via Zoom and in Person at:
VLCT Offices: 89 Main Street, Montpelier
- Call to order by President; Introduction of new members and guests, if any. (12:20)
- Additions and Deletions to the Agenda (12:25)
Action Suggested: Board members should review the agenda, including adding or deleting items, moving items to and from the consent agenda, and having the President, board members, and staff iidentify items to be added under “Other Business.”
- Consent Agenda Items (12:30)
Action Suggested: Approve all items in gross and without debate or amendment. A single member can demand a separate vote for any of the series offered. Items voted separately require a separate motion to approve and may be fully debated and amended at the end of the agenda.
- Approve Minutes of June 16, 2022 meeting.
- Accept July Personnel Report.
- Organizational Update (12:35)
Action Suggested: No action required.
- Organizational Update
- Authorize Executive Director to Execute Equity and Association Management Contracts (12:55)
Action Suggested: Authorize the Executive Director to execute contracts with both vendors. Authorize the Executive Director to alter the contacts in the best interest of VLCT before signing as necessary.
- Abundant Sun Welcoming and Engaging Communities Contract (up to $84,625 – a $2,500 increase compared to May 2022 approved budget).
- Euclid Technology Contract for Association Management System ($34,800 annual cost and $99,900 implementation cost). The terms and conditions of this contract may change during negotiations.
- Risk Management Services Update (1:10)
Action Suggested: No action required. VLCT’s Director of Risk Management Services Joe Damiata will introduce the Board to the RMS leadership team and provide a brief update on the work they are doing.
- RMS presentation
- Break (1:40)
- Consider City of Essex Junction Request to Become a Full VLCT Member (1:45)
Action Suggested: The Board may wish to pass a motion allowing the City of Essex Junction to become a full member for dues year 2022/2023 based on the combined dues payment of Essex Town and Essex Junction.
- City of Essex Junction Dues Situation Memo
Action Suggested: No action required. MAC staff have updated the policy to reflect past Board discussions and consultation with Vermont Bar Counsel.
- Update from IT Working Group (2:15)
Action Suggested: No action required. Ted Brady and Abby Friedman will provide an overview of the IT Working Group’s recommendations.
- Working Group Recommendations Memo
- Discuss Equity Consultant’s Final Recommendations and Review Equity Toolkit (2:30)
- Equity Consultant’s Final Recommendations Memo
- Equity Toolkit (available online at: https://www.vlct.org/JDEIB-resources)
- Resolution Recognizing J. Paul Giuliani (2:40)
Action Suggested: The Board may wish to pass a resolution thanking Paul Giuliani for his years of service to Vermont municipalities
- Draft Resolution
- Resolution Recognizing Senator Patrick Leahy (2:45)
Action Suggested: The Board may wish to pass a resolution thanking Senator Leahy for his years of service to Vermont municipalities.
- Draft Resolution
- Other Business (2:50)
- Adjourn (3:00)
Please feel free to join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone: Join Zoom Meeting