VERMONT LEAGUE OF CITIES AND TOWNS
EQUITY COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday, April 18, 2022
- Call to order by the chair
- Additions and deletions to the agenda
- Approval of the March 21, 2022, April 4, 2022, and April 5, 2022 minutes
- Member Updates
Each member is encouraged to share something from their personal lives or professional lives that relates to the equity work VLCT is doing.
- Adopt Equity Committee Nominating Committee Report
The Committee should review the nominating committee report and consider formally adopting it as a recommendation to the VLCT Board of Directors.
- Equity Committee Nominating Committee Report
- Justice, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Strategic Plan Working Session
Continue review of the VLCT JDEIB Strategic Plan. Focus on the final two sections. Accessible Information & Communication and Meaningful Partnerships. The plan is available online here. If the committee finishes the plan, it may wish to ask the Executive Director to bring the plan to the April VLCT Board Meeting for consideration and adoption.
- Special Meetings for Equity Committee
Workplace Matters has offered to conduct a final training for the Equity Committee before their contract expires. The committee may wish to set a time and date for that training with the new committee members for last week of April or first week of May. In addition, the last two deliverables from the consultant are expected in the coming weeks: a written report to the Board outlining the consultant’s recommended next steps AND a draft of the final toolkit for our members. The committee may wish to schedule a special meeting to discuss before the May VLCT Board meeting.
- Other business
Participants may participate via Zoom. Access the meeting online using your computer or smart