Vermont League of Cities and Towns
Nominating Committee Meeting
Monday, November 19, 2018
1. Call to Order. Chair Jared Cadwell called the Nominating Committee to order at 10:14 a.m. on November 19, 2018. Present were Members Cadwell, Beckett and Safford and VLCT staff members Karen Horn and Maura Carroll.
2. Additions and Deletions to the Agenda. No additions or deletions were made to the agenda.
3. Minutes of the February 1, 2018, and September 6, 2018, Nominating Committee Minutes. On motion duly made by Member Safford and seconded by Member Beckett, the Committee unanimously adopted the minutes s presented.
4. Review Materials re: VLCT Bylaw Amendment. Committee members reviewed the information provided in the packet, including the memorandum to the Board from former executive director Steve Jeffrey. The memo provided background for the bylaw provision that identifies specific local positions eligible to serve on the VLCT Board. After discussion by Committee members, staff was requested to gather the bylaws from Northeast municipal leagues for purposes of comparison regarding eligibility to serve on the league boards.
5. Process to Fill Vacant Board Positions. Two members of the Board will be stepping down at the end of 2018. Both are selectboard members. Committee members asked staff to send application materials to VLCT members seeking applicants for the Board positions. They also agreed to attempt to recruit applicants and to ask other VLCT Board members to do the same. The deadline for applications will be December 7, 2018.
6. Other Business. No other business was discussed.
7. Adjourn. On motion duly made by Member Beckett and seconded by Member Safford, the Committee voted to adjourn at 11:00 a.m., after agreeing to hold another meeting at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 12, 2018, to review the applications for Board positions.
Maura Carroll, Executive Director