An especially useful benefit of being a PACIF member is that your employees and the people living in their households have free access to an employee assistance program (EAP) through the Vermont-based Invest EAP. The wide range of EAP services includes:
- 24/7 access to counselors at 800-287-2173
- Online information and tools at investeap.org
- In-person counseling sessions for short-term purposes
- Counseling and referrals for mental health or substance use issues
- Resource and referral information for medical, eldercare, and childcare issues
- Referrals to a legal or financial specialist for specific issues
- Relationship, family, and parenting assistance and referrals
Specific services are available to PACIF member management teams and can be accessed directly by calling 888-392-0050. These include:
- Consultation and guidance for managers whose employees are experiencing personal issues or workplace conflicts
- Trainings to explain EAP benefits to your employees, held either remotely or at your location when COVID-19 is not a threat
- Referrals to substance abuse professionals as part of our drug and alcohol testing program for commercial motor vehicle operators
- Critical incident stress debriefings after traumatic incidents in the workplace
Mental health and wellbeing services for Vermont’s First Responders are also available through EAPFirst. Services include expert trauma-informed clinical support, individual counseling, critical incident stress debriefings, and assistance in building a skilled peer support network. All Vermont municipal police, fire, and emergency response personnel (as well as anyone living in their households) may contact EAPFirst any time at 1-855-EAP-1NOW for support.
To learn more about EAP services, call Invest EAP at 1-800-287-2173 or visit the website, investeap.org. You will be prompted to create a login. The organization password is vlct. Once you’ve logged in, click on the Benefits tab to view the EAP Employee Orientation video.