See below for links to grant and funding opportunities. If you have a grant or funding opportunity you'd like to add, you can email the information to email@example.com.
Open and Upcoming Funding Opportunities
VLCT posts an organized and robust list of grants from the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA aka Bipartisan Infrastructure Law), Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), and existing Federal and State programs on its Federal Funding Assistance Program webpage. On it you will find open and upcoming funding opportunities and the Vermont Federal Funding Guidebook. Open opportunities are updated as new funding announcements are released. Upcoming opportunities are updated monthly.
VLCT PACIF members can apply for PACIF Grants and John Lawe Scholarships.
Funding Sources by Topic
VLCT has compiled lists of potential funding sources by topic. Click on the topic name below to access funding sources for that topic. This resource complements CCRPC's database (below) by adding more depth of information. Check back quarterly for new topics.
- Drinking Water
- Fire Station Construction
- Municipally Owned Historic Buildings
- Radar Speed Feedback Signs
- Solar Array and/or Energy Storage
State Grant and Funding Pages
The following links provide access to State government grant and funding opportunities webpages. Some pages are focused on open opportunities only. Other pages contain a list of all funding opportunities available. VLCT members can save time looking for funding sources by booking an appointment through our Consult on Call service. We'll do the research for you and match specific funding sources to your ideas and projects!
- AAFM Funding Opportunities
- ACCD Community Development Funding and Incentives
- ACCD Economic Funding and Incentives
- ACCD Housing Funding and Incentives
- ACCD Historic Preservation Funding and Incentives
- ANR Grants & Loans
- ARPA State of Vermont - ARPA State Fiscal Recovery Fund - Programs Available to Municipalities (October 2022)
- BGS Building Communities Grant Programs
- BGS Municipal Energy Resilience Program
- Department of Libraries Capital Project Grants
- DPS Homeland Security Grants
- PSD Clean Energy Development Fund
- VEDA Financing
- VEM Funding Opportunities
- Vermont Arts Council Grants
- Vermont Bond Bank Loan Programs
- VTrans Show Me The Money Guide
Our partners at Chittenden Country Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC) have done an excellent job of compiling a comprehensive database of funding sources that are available to municipalities and local projects. We thank them for doing this work and allowing VLCT to post a link to their page on our website here: CCRPC Funding Database.