Question Posted: March 27 - April 2
What are your biggest COVID-19 operational challenges or what do you anticipate they will be? (Note: respondents could select more than one answer, percentages should not add up to 100)
- 67% Meetings of the selectboard or any public body subject to VT's Open Meeting Law
- 43% Finance functions for residents, such as tax bills
- 40% Town Clerk services, such as land records, vital records, dog licenses
- 25% Internal finance functions, such as payroll
- 25% Property assessment
- 20% Maintaining local roads
- 12% Land use and zoning functions
- 18% Other: Processing checks for invoices and payments; the census; employee health and safety, espeically highway crew; second home owners not quarantining and using resources; determining essential functions and essential employees; determining "pay status" for non-essential employees; ability to hold hearings in compliance with the law; monitoring social distancing in public parks; understanding and applying CARES Act; lack of access to Land Records for title searchers, attorneys, surveyors, etc. is creating a significant issue for property sales and mortgage refinances; staying prepared for weather events causing power outages;
VLCT received 94 responses to the poll. All answers under "Other" were supplied by the respondent.
Question Posted: March 20 - March 26
What software and/or service (audio and/or video) is your municipality using to work remotely and conduct meetings (including of selectboard, committees, and other public bodies)?
- 45% Zoom
- 14% GoToMeeting.com
- 10% None
- 8% Freeconferencecall.com
- 8% Microsoft Teams
- 5% Skype
- 2% Google Hangouts
- 2% Skype for Business
- 6% Other: Webex, Vimeo, Conferencecalling.com, Facetime, Local Conference Calling Service, Slack, Team Viewer, LogMeIn each <1%
VLCT received 98 responses to the poll.