Hiring and managing employees is more complex than ever, given the frequent changes in state and federal employment-related laws and the increase in employee-employer litigation. To improve members’ compliance with legal requirements and reduce the risk of employment practice lawsuits.
PACIF’s Human Resources Program helps members to evaluate their needs and provides guidance so they can understand and implement sound employment practices. These consultation services include:
- Free HR review of municipal personnel policies
- Answering HR-related questions from PACIF members
- Training managers, supervisors, and/or governing bodies on HR principles and best practices
- Reviewing members’ job descriptions for adherence to best practices for hiring, retention, and ADA compliance
- Assessing overall operational risk from an HR perspective and recommending areas for improvement