VERMONT LEAGUE OF CITIES AND TOWNS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, March 17, 2022
Virtual Meeting - 12:20 p.m.
- Call to order by President; Introduction of new members and guests, if any. (12:20)
- Additions and Deletions to the Agenda (12:25)
Action Suggested: Board members should review the agenda, including adding or deleting items, moving items to and from the consent agenda, and having the President, board members, and staff identify items to be added under “Other Business.”
- Consent Agenda Items (12:30)
Action Suggested: Approve all items in gross and without debate or amendment. A single member can demand a separate vote for any of the series offered. Items voted separately require a separate motion to approve and may be fully debated and amended at the end of the agenda. Due to a process error at our February meeting, we will need to adopt the consent agenda from that meeting.
- Approve Minutes of January 20, 2022.
- Approve Minutes of January 25, 2022.
- Approve Minutes of February 17, 2022.
- Accept February and March Personnel Report.
- Approve Nextiva VOIP Contract.
- Approve Rural Innovation Strategies Contract (TIF Contract).
- Approve Rural Innovation Strategies Contract Amendment ($10,000 TIF Contract)
- Accept February Organizational Update.
- Accept February Legislative Update
- Municipal Information Technology Assessment by Champlain College (12:35)
Zoltan Sachs, Manager of the Champlain College Leahy Center, and others from Champlain will present on the findings of the VLCT commissioned IT municipal assessment. The team looked at 10 sample Vermont municipalities, and have provided summary findings and a model RFP that towns can use to solicit IT services. Action Suggested: Appoint a working group to consider how VLCT should provide additional IT services to communities. Recommend appointing a board member, VLCT staff, and unnamed municipal IT practitioners.
- Champlain College Presentation Slide Deck
- Champlain College Findings and Recommendations
- Request for Quote Template
- Anytown Model RFQ
- RFQ Options Catalogue
- Organizational Update (12:50)
Action Suggested: N/A
- Organizational update from Executive Director
- 2021/2022 Action Plan Update (1:05)
Action Suggested: N/A
- Adopted 2021/2022 Action Plan
- 2021 Action Plan Progress Tracker
- Strategic Plan Adoption (1:20)
Action Suggested: Adopt the proposed strategic plan.
- Final Draft of Strategic Plan
- Break (1:40)
- Update to Perspectives on Police Reform (1:45)
Action Suggested: Adopt the updated Perspectives on Police Reform document. A version of the document will be shared in a supplemental board packet.
- Legislative Update (2:00)
Action Suggested: No action required. Karen Horn and Gwynn Zokav will lead a discussion about VLCT priorities and concerns as the Legislative session progresses.
- Legislative update (an updated document will be shared in a supplemental board packet to reflect real time information)
- Future Meeting Format (2:20)
Action Suggested: The Board may wish to clarify how it wishes to hold future meetings. Starting in April, the Executive Committee recommends in-person meetings with a remote option for any Board and staff who wish to participate remotely. Two meetings a year will be designated as fully-in person meetings (Town Fair meeting in October and April meeting recommended).
- Executive Session to Conduct 2022 Executive Director Performance Review (2:25)
Action Suggested: None.
- Other Business (2:55)
- Adjourn (3:00)
Please feel free to join from your computer, tablet, or smartphone:
Join Zoom Meeting