VLCT's Risk Management Services department (RMS) operates PACIF and VERB, the two non-profit, member-owned risk-sharing trusts established by VLCT members to meet their particular insurance needs. Both offer even the smallest of Vermont's municipalities a unique combination of coverage and services, many of which can only be garnered by a large group. Under the direction of their respective Boards of Directors, these trusts are operated by staff who are not only experienced professionals: they also understand the distinct operations and risk exposures of Vermont municipal entities.
Property And Casualty Intermunicipal Fund (PACIF)
- Covers property damage, vehicle accidents, injured employees, general liability, public officials' liability, and employment practices liability.
- Features in-house Underwriting, Claims, and Loss Control Services teams and a robust array of loss control programs.
- PACIF membership includes a 50 percent discount on MAC workshops.
VLCT Employment Resource and Benefits Trust (VERB)
- Offers unemployment insurance and health insurance advisory services for employers.
- Offers employee benefits including dental, vision, and life & disability plans.
- In-house Underwriting and Member Relations staff members are knowledgeable, accessible, and friendly.