New information is highlighted below for about a week or until it becomes out of date. All new links are also listed within their topic category where applicable.
- Town Operations COVID-19 FAQs – revised 9/11 – in the new, easy-to-navigate format now used for all of VLCT MAC's COVID-19 FAQs
- Local Government Expense Reimbursement (LGER) Grants – application deadline extended to 10/1; submit supporting docs by 12/15
- Urge More Responses to Vermont's 2020 Census – 9/30 cutoff could cause ten-year reduction in federal funding for many public services
- Census Bureau Adapts Operations – reaching out by phone, mail, and email before the 9/30 data collection cutoff date
Scroll down to view additional links and resources, or to browse the categories.
- Visit Quick Links to State and National Webpages for general COVID-19 information via links to pages such as the CDC and the Vermont Health Department as well as various other organizations, government agencies, and departments.
- View our library of recorded trainings including Open Meeting Law, Remote Working Best Practices, ACCD Q&A Calls, statutory updates, and more.
- View VLCT Advocacy's Weekly Legislative Reports, Legislative Alerts, and written Testimony.
- Bookmark this page for the Vermont State Emergency Operations Center call information, updated join information added prior to each call.
Reopening Guidance and Resources
The pages linked to below are updated frequently. Check the New section above for the most recent notes on updates.
- ACCD Resources for Communities webpage Includes link to Municipal Assistance webpage
- ACCD Phased Restart Guidance
- VRPA Resources for Municipal Pools and Recreation
- PACIF’s COVID-19 Work Plan for Municipalities Phased restart compliance guidance
- NLC Safely Reopening Municipal Facilities Toolkit Has not been reviewed for compliance with Vermont regulations
- Required COVID-19 Employee Training and Resources for Phased-In Return to Work
- COVID-19 Resources for Fire Departments
- "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Guidance and FAQs
Municipal Operations and Governance
- Town Operations COVID-19 FAQs
- Town Finance and Tax Related COVID-19 FAQs
- Open Meeting Law and COVID-19 FAQs
- PVR's Updated COVID-19 Q&A Accompanies Webinar Recording
- Mutual Aid Agreement Sample for Sharing Resources Between Municipalities
- Remote Public Meetings Toolkit
- Cybersecurity – Especially Important for Remote Workers
- Secretary of State Elections Division COVID-19 Response
- Secretary of State Municipal Division COVID-19 Response - includes Open Meeting Law information
- Dept. of Taxes Information for Towns – Homestead Declaration due July 15, no penalty
- What Are Essential Local Government Services and Functions?
Funding Opportunities and Economic Development
- Apply for FEMA's COVID-19 Assistance – a necessary step before receiving certain other funding
- Local Government Expense Reimbursement (LGER) Grants – apply by 10/1; submit supporting docs by 12/15
- Municipal Planning Grants – can be used for long term recovery and revitalization
- Front-Line Employees Hazard Pay Grants – employers may apply for costs of hazard pay
- Emergency Economic Recovery Grant Guidelines – updated 8/3
- Internet Line Extension Customer Assistance Program
- AARP Community Action Grants for Municipalities and Non-profits
- Economic Mitigation & Recovery Task Force
- USDA Rural Development's Summary of Actions and Resources
- ACCD's Explanation of Governor's Proposed $400M Relief and Recovery Package
Employment and Human Resources
- Volunteer Risk Management: Best Practices and PACIF Coverage
- Keeping Essential Employees Healthy at Work – PACIF Guidance for during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Human Resource Laws and COVID-19 FAQs
- Payroll Reporting for Employees Furloughed due to COVID-19
- VDOL Refusal to Return to Work Resource
- Guidance for Childcare, Summer, and Afterschool Programs