Email flood recovery or FEMA PA program questions to: ADM.2023floods@Vermont.gov
FEMA Public Assistance (PA) - Applicant Briefing
Applicants should have attended at least one (1) applicant briefing to learn how to apply for the FEMA Public Assistance program.
If your municipality was unable to attend one of the in-person offerings for applicant briefings, then you can watch a recording and review the webinar materials:
- Applicant Briefing Webinar recording
- FEMA Public Assistance Grant Program and Portal presentation slides
For the maximum benefit, applicants should have members of its management, emergency response, public works, and finance departments all watch the webinar so they can understand their respective roles relative to this federal grant program.
Before a site visit is scheduled for your municipality with FEMA and Vermont Emergency Management (VEM), your legislative body should formally designate a single person to serve as your municipality's primary point of contact (POC). Your POC should be an excellent communicator, meaning:
- be clear, concise, correct, coherent, complete, and courteous, both when speaking and in writing;
- have good attention to detail;
- be able to understand and follow processes; and
- work cooperatively with many varying parties (federal, state, local, residents, etc.).