Email flood recovery or FEMA PA program questions to: ADM.2023floods@Vermont.gov
DEADLINE TO APPLY: October 12, 2023
Your municipality must apply for FEMA Public Assistance funding. It is a grant, and, just like any other grant, there is an application process to receive an award of funds. An application for PA funding is called a Request for Public Assistance (RPA). Therefore, RPA = application.
When your municipality is ready to submit an RPA, use the Public Assistance Grants Portal. The Portal is used to account for all activities associated with your municipality's damage claims. You can and should use the Grants Portal to:
- Register for and update an Applicant Profile:
- If your municipality already has a profile, then sign in using your existing credentials. DO NOT create a duplicate profile for your municipality.
- If your municipality does not yet have a profile, then create one by clicking on Register Your Organization for Public Assistance.
- Select DR4720 to be a part of Vermont's 2023 July flooding event.
- Submit a Request for Public Assistance.
- Upload project documentation.
FEMA accepts RPAs up to 30 days from the date the respective area was designated.
If your municipality was unable to attend one of the Applicant Briefings offered July 31 – August 4, then you can watch the recording and review the presentation materials on our FEMA PA Applicant Briefing page.
Tools To Help You Get Started
- Quick Guide: FEMA's Grants Portal Account and Request for Public Assistance Public Assistance Applicant Quick Guide
- Webinar: FEMA Grants Portal First Time Users - Org Creation and RPA Submission
** Please note that both of these tools are from March 2020, so some instructions for the Grants Portal may look a little different than you'll see online now. For example, where they refer to your DUNS number, use your Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), which replaced DUNS numbers in April 2022.
You Must Have an Active SAM.gov Registration
Is your municipality's registration with SAM.gov active? It must be in order for you to receive FEMA PA funding!
To sign into SAM.gov, you will need a Login.gov account. (Follow instructions here if you don't already have an account.)