Treasury's Portal: https://portal.treasury.gov/compliance
NEU Steps for April 30, 2022 Reporting:
- Create a Login.gov user account. (Follow instructions HERE)
- Access Treasury’s Portal. (Link to Treasury's Portal HERE)
- Assign/Designate Roles in the Portal. (The Account Administrator is the only role that can do this)
- Upload the required three documents in the Portal. (What are the three documents? Click HERE
- Complete your Project and Expenditure Report Using the Standard Allowance for Revenue Loss for the full amount of your ARPA award.
The first NEU reporting deadline for ARPA funding is April 30, 2022. The U.S. Department of the Treasury recommends that all ARPA recipients with an award less than $10 million should make the one-time decision to elect the "Standard Allowance" for revenue loss and spend their funds on the "provision of government services." This approach provides the greatest flexibility in spending these dollars and simplicity in reporting. *** If your municipality intends to take the "Standard Allowance" for revenue loss, then it must do so during the April 30, 2022 reporting period. ***
There are a host of resources to help you meet the funding's compliance and reporting requirements. US Treasury has produced webinars that are a great place to start. You should also make sure to review the User Guides and the Final Rule (FR).
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Treasury's ARPA homepage
- Final Rule Issued January 6, 2022, the Final Rule (FR) outlines how Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (CSLFRF) may be spent.
- VLCT's Summary, Review, & Analysis of the Final Rule
- Coronavirus State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds: Overview of the Final Rule
- CSLFRF Final Rule FAQ
- FAQ - Project and Expenditure Report User Guide - Appendix F These questions are aligned to section 9 of the main FAQs ("CSLFRF FAQ" above).
"Agreements" - Grant Awards Documents
- Award Terms and Conditions. This is your grant agreement. It should be signed by the Authorized Representative for your municipality and dated with your "Date of Award."
- Assurance of Compliance With Civil Rights Requirements. This document should be signed by the Authorized Representative for your municipality and dated with your "Date of Award."
Compliance and Reporting Documents & User Guides
- Compliance and Reporting Guidance for State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds This Treasury guidance (Version 3.0, issued 2/28/22) provides details, requirements and clarification for each recipient’s compliance and reporting responsibilities. Compliance and Reporting Guidance V 3.0 Appendix 1 Table of the 83 Expenditure Categories
- USER GUIDE: NEU and Non-UGLGs Agreements and Supporting Documents for State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund
- USER GUIDE: Project and Expenditure Reports
TREASURY WEBINAR: State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds - Reporting for Non-Entitlement Units of Local Government - It covers the following topics:
- Reporting Responsibilities - Overview of NEU reporting requirements
- Accessing Treasury's Portal - How to login, designate users and view reports
- Submitting Supporting Documents - Walkthrough for submitting NEU agreements and supporting documents
- Frequently Asked Questions - Common errors, misconceptions and more.