NEUs: The next required reporting for local ARPA funds will be due by April 30, 2023 for ARPA expenditures April 1, 2022 through March 31, 2023.
Need help? Our 2023 Vermont NEUs Guide to Treasury's Portal is tailored especially for Vermont municipalities.
Trouble Accessing the US Treasury Portal?
- If you need technical assistance about accessing Treasury's portal, you may contact their help centers for State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds at SLFRF@treasury.gov or call (844) 529-9527. Additionally, here is a link to Treasury's self-help resources.
- Here is sample language to use when emailing the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Emails Sent by Treasury to your municipality for the April 2023 Reporting Period:
April 24, 2023 - Subject: REMINDER - 7 DAYS LEFT: April 2023 Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Project and Expenditure Report
April 3, 2023 - Subject: ACTION REQUIRED: April 2023 Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Project and Expenditure Report and User Guides Now Available
March 21, 2023 - Subject: ATTENTION: Resources and preparations for completing your SLFRF Project and Expenditure Report due on 4/30/2023
NEU Steps for Reporting:
- Download VLCT's 2023 Vermont NEUs Guide to Treasury's Portal.
- Create a Login.gov user account. (Follow instructions HERE, if you don't already have an account.)
- Access Treasury’s Portal. (Link to Treasury's Portal)
- Assign/Designate Roles in the Portal. (The Account Administrator is the only role that can do this.)
- Complete your Project and Expenditure Report (for expenditures April 1, 2022 through March 31, 2023). Refer to the April 2023 Project and Expenditure Report User Guide (4/1/23, Version 6) for additional details and guidance.
The first NEU reporting deadline for ARPA funding was April 30, 2022. The U.S. Department of the Treasury recommended that all ARPA recipients with an award less than $10 million should elect the "Standard Allowance" for revenue loss and spend their funds on the "provision of government services" (Expenditure Category 6.1 Revenue Replacement). This approach provides the greatest flexibility in spending these dollars and simplicity in reporting. *** If your municipality did not elect the "Standard Allowance" for revenue loss during the last reporting period then it may do so through the April 30, 2023. ***
There are many resources to help you meet the funding's compliance and reporting requirements. The U.S. Department of the Treasury has produced webinars that are a great place to start. You should also make sure to review the User Guides and the Final Rule (FR).
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Treasury's ARPA homepage
- Final Rule Issued January 6, 2022, the Final Rule (FR) outlines how Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (CSLFRF) may be spent.
- VLCT's Summary, Review, & Analysis of the Final Rule
- Coronavirus State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds: Overview of the Final Rule
- CSLFRF Final Rule FAQ
- FAQ - Project and Expenditure Report User Guide - Appendix J
"Agreements" - Grant Awards Documents
- Award Terms and Conditions. This is your grant agreement. It should be signed by the Authorized Representative for your municipality and dated with your "Date of Award."
- Assurance of Compliance With Civil Rights Requirements. This document should be signed by the Authorized Representative for your municipality and dated with your "Date of Award."
Compliance and Reporting Documents & User Guides
- April 2023 Project and Expenditure Report User Guide (4/1/23, Version 6)
- Compliance and Reporting Guidance for State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds This Treasury guidance provides details, requirements and clarification for each recipient’s compliance and reporting responsibilities.
- Revenue Loss (Expenditure Category 6.1) - For towns, cities and villages that elected the standard allowance and will spend their funds on the "provision of government services" (Expenditure Category 6.1 Revenue Replacement), then only certain sections of Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200) apply to the use of these funds. Please refer to this 2 CFR Part 200 Table of Contents (modified for revenue loss) that has been highlighted to show these sections.